What Information We Collect and Process About You
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you register to try or purchase our products and services, or when reporting errors or problems with our website or our products.
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic personal information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Website usage and technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending trade shows and other events
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How We Obtain Your Personal Information
- We collect information from you as part of our business processes and about you as necessary in the course of your using or products and services.
- We collect your personal information while monitoring our products, our technology tools and our services, including our websites and email communications sent to and from the accounts of Kensai International Inc.
- We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact or network with us directly (e.g. engaging with our staff at trade shows or other meetings or events) or registering on one of our platforms or applications.
- We may collect or receive information about you from other public sources (e.g. company websites, publishers’ catalogues etc.), in order to keep the contact details we hold for our customers and prospects accurate and up to date.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
The information we collect is used to improve the content of this site and the quality of our service, and is not sold to other organizations for commercial purposes. That being said, your information could be shared under the following circumstances:
- We are a value added reseller and consultant. We may share your information with our business partners as part of providing information and services to you.
- We use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, these third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with those business activities.
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions.
- We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
- If it becomes necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
How We Use the Information About You
Kensai International Ltd. collects and processes personal information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our website, our products and applications and in the provision of direct services by us. We use that information:
- To provide and improve this website
- To provide and improve our products and services
- To diagnose problems in your using our products and services
- To provide information and assistance requested by you in relation to our products and services
- To promote our products and services, e.g. announcing product updates, or invitations to events
- To check the validity of your payment details you submit if you use a credit or debit card for payment, in order to prevent fraud
- To perform our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or your employer (on whose behalf you are using our products and services) and us
- To fulfill legal or regulatory obligations
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for purposes including user authentication, system administration and customer support, and to collect aggregate information for internal reporting purposes.
A number of forms on our website invite you to provide us with personal information. We made the purpose of these forms apparent at the point that you provide your personal information and we only use that information for those purposes.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the manner in which the website is used to help us to improve it. Google Analytics does this by placing small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device. All the information that the cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site, is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Emails we send you may include a technology (called a “web beacon”) that tells us whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked on the links to the information that we include in them and whether and how you visit our website after you click on that link (e.g. when we may want to alert you about “known issues” or other products or services notifications).
If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On What Basis We Use Your Information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with you or your employer to provide software products and services.
- To detect, prevent, or address fraud, security issues or software piracy
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- For legitimate business purposes
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with products and services that you requested or purchased from us, or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights, or where we are required by law to retain such information.
How Do We Look After Your Information
We understand that safeguarding your personal information is important. We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. Any staff processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is inherently insecure and although we do our best to protect your personal information we cannot absolutely guarantee its security.
We may share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Suppliers to whom we outsource certain services (e.g. processing of payments)
- Our IT, system administration and security services
- Third parties engaged in the course of the services we provide to customers and with their prior consent
Where necessary information may be shared with other third parties (including legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
If in the future we re-organize or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new entities or to third parties through which our business will be carried out.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party.
International Transfers of Your Personal Information
The level of information protection in countries outside the EEA may be less than that offered within the EEA. Where this is the case, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you would like further information please contact us at email@example.com
Your Rights to the Information We Hold About You
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organization. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Kensai International Ltd. processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our customers are provided the option to subscribe to our client newsletter. Subscribers will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in each such email.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site, us, or third parties.
What About Other Websites Linked to This Site?