This exercise walks you through importing a product file into EasyRoyalties.
Step 1. Download the Excel exercise file named: “ImportExercises“. Save it to your desktop.
Step 2. Open the file and review it. After viewing the spreadsheet, close it.
WARNING: If the Excel worksheet is open when importing 13 digit ISBNs will be imported in scientific notational format and dates will be imported as their numeric equivalent.
Step 3. Open EasyRoyalties and login to the demo database.
Step 4. Select the Importing menu (1). On the Start screen press the Browse button (2) and select the exercise file located on your desktop. Press Next (3).
Step 5. On the Import type screen select Titles & properties. Select Format: Custom. Then press the Next button.
Step 6. On the Excel options screen select the Products (1) worksheet. Then press Next (2).
Step 7. On the Column headers screen confirm that the column header row is highlighted (1). Then press the Next button (2).
- In row 4 the title was not included because it already exists.
- In row 4 note the edition title; Blue River Audio Book, is different from the title of the property; Blue River. If the edition title field is blank the software will use the title of the property as the edition title.
- In row 17 because there is no title code the software will look for an exact match based on the title. If a match is found it will use that title code. If no match is found it will create a new title code.
Step 8. In the Mapping screen match the column header fields in the excel worksheet (1) to the corresponding royalty software field names (2). Then press Next.
For this exercise file the field mappings are:
- TitleCode to TitleCode
- Title to Title
- Subtitle to Subtitle
- ISBN to ISBN
- EditionTitle to EditionTitle
- EditionFormat to Edition Format
- EditionPublicationDate to EditionPublicationDate
- RetailPrice to Retail Price
When the field names used in the Excel file match the EasyRoyalties field names the software will automatically map the fields.
Step 9. On the Options screen accept the default settings. Press Next (1).
Step 10. On the preview screen you can preview the information that will be imported. After previewing the data press Next (1).
Step 11. On the Review screen review the results of the data import. Press Cancel to cancel the import or Finish to accept the import (1).
Step 12. After completing the import, return to the Data & functions menu to view the imported records in the Title editions or Titles views.