The Title Editions view presents a record list of all editions (products). Each product is derived from a title.
The toolbar in this view is used to:
- Add new titles
- Edit existing titles
- Delete records
- Print reports
- Export edition information
- Customize the columns viewed
To the right of the toolbar is the actions dropdown list. You can use actions to:
- Add or remove tags for selected edition records
- Modify selected records.
- Merge edition information with a Microsoft word document
Open the Title Editions view
To view a record list of edition records:
- Select Data & functions on the main menu
- Select Title editions from the View by menu.
The toolbar appears at the top of the Title Editions view.
The seven toolbar icons are for:
- Adding a new edition record
- Editing and viewing an edition record
- Copying a record (The copy function is not available in the Title Editions view)
- Deleting an edition
- Printing reports
- Exporting information to Excel
- Changing the columns viewed in the edition record list view.
To add a new edition (product) record go to the Data & Functions > Title editions view. Then select the add icon; the blue plus sign, in the toolbar.
A Title edition window appears. Complete the information in this window and press OK. You can view and enter additional information for this edition by selecting the edition in the record list and then selecting the Edit icon or double clicking the record twice.
Edition title – The name of the product. The name can be the same as the name of the title or different.
|Math 101||Math 101||Hardcover|
|Math 101||Math 101||Paperback|
|Math 101||Math 101 Workbook||Paperback|
|Math 101||Math 101 Teacher’s Guide||Hardcover|
ISBN – The primary unique identifier for a product.
SKU or other product code – A secondary unique identifier for a product. The sales import process accept either an ISBN or a SKU.
Publication date – The date that this product was released
Format – The format is the type of edition. A book publisher may have formats of eBook, hardcover and paperback. A film distributor’s formats may include Blu-ray, DVD and VOD. Royalty rules can have format as a criteria.
Retail Price – This is the list price or manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). Royalties can be based on the list price.
To view the details of an edition record:
- Select the edition record
- Then select the edit icon; the red pencil, on the toolbar or double click your mouse button on the selected record.
- The title edition window will open.
The delete icon; the red trash can, will delete the selected edition record(s). Deleting an edition will delete any sales or other activities associated with that edition. The royalty software will ask for a confirmation when deleting edition records. If an edition record is referenced in a royalty statement the edition cannot be deleted until the royalty statement is deleted.