Create Royalty Statements
Royalty statements are created from a royalty run record. Each royalty run record is linked to a royalty schedule.
In the royalty run record’s “Run status” tab press Calculate to create royalty statements for all royalty contracts linked to the royalty run. Pressing the Generate button to create PDFs of these statements. Statements can be emailed to royalty beneficiaries by pressing the “Send now…” button.
- New royalty statements for a specified contract cannot be created unless the prior statement has a status of “Issued”.
Royalty Statement Records
After statements are calculated they can be viewed from the Data & functions > Royalty statements view. Royalty statements can be modified and printed from this view.
To open a statement record select the record. Then select the edit button (the pencil icon) or click the selected record twice with your mouse.
Royalty Statement Status
Royalty statements can have a status of Pending, Verified or Issued. Statements with a status of Issued cannot be modified nor recalculated. A new royalty statement for a title cannot be created until the prior statement(s) have a status of issued.
Royalty statement status can be changed from the royalty statement record’s status tab. From the royalty statements view you can use the Actions: Set status command to update the status for multiple statements at one time.
Royalty Statement Format Settings
Royalty statements can be customized. These custom settings can be saved.
Statement format settings can be view by selecting a statement(s) and then selecting the documents button (the printer icon). Then select the royalty statement report. You can also edit statement format settings from the royalty schedule output tab.
You can display or hide sections or fields by selecting the referenced check box. You can change text that appears on the statement by editing the text field.
Royalty Statement Reports
Several reports are available from the royalty statement documents window.
- Print list – Prints a report of the fields shown in the royalty statements view
- Accounting summary – Lists royalty payments due by agent and author
- Address labels
- GL accounting summary – A summary of the general ledger credits and debits related to the selected royalty statement record(s)
- Unresolved royalty activities – Lists sales records that were not allocated to a royalty statement
- Royalty statement