The Royalty run record has two tabs; Run status and Royalty statements
The Run status tab has three buttons: Calculate, Generate and Send now.
- Calculate creates the royalty statement records
- Generate now creates PDFs of the royalty statements
- Send now Send emails with the PDFs attached to the royalty recipients via Microsoft Outlook.
After a process is executed the button names change to Recalculate and Re-generate. Recalculate is used if there were any changes to sales or the contractual terms. Re-generated creates new PDFs of the royalty statements.
Pressing the calculate button calculates royalties. This process creates royalty statement records for this run.
New royalty statements for a contract can only be created if statements in the prior royalty run have a status of issued. Issued statements cannot be changed. This is because the starting balance for the new statement is determined by the ending balance of the prior statement.
Recalculate will recalculate the royalties for statements that have a status of pending or verified. If a statement has a status of issued it will not be recalculated. If any changes are made to sales activities or the royalty contract press the recalculate button to update existing royalty statement records.
Warning Message: Invalid Splits
If multiple active beneficiaries for a contract receive more that 100% of royalty earnings a warning will display.
We recommend that you cancel the calculation and go to the Data & functions > Royalty contracts view to examine contracts with invalid splits. You can filter the record list to show only contracts with invalid splits or add the invalid splits field to the viewable columns.
Royalty contracts view > Filters & tags
Press the Filters & tags button above the record list to only show contracts with invalid splits. This criteria is at the bottom of the royalty contracts filter.
Royalty contracts view > Settings
From the settings button in the toolbar; the blue gears, you can select the columns displayed in the record list. Select the Invalid splits column to add this field to the view.
Pressing the Generate (Re-generate) button opens the Options window. This window determines how the royalty statement PDFs are created and where the statements are saved.
- Generate a separate document for each statement creates a separate PDF for each statement.
- Group statements into one document per contributor/agent creates a single PDF of multiple royalty statements for each royalty recipient.
- Create a single document with all statements included creates a single PDF of all royalty statements.