Royalty run view
Royalty runs are viewed from the Data & functions > Royalty runs view.
Royalty runs create royalty statements.
Royalty runs are linked to a royalty schedule. For each contract linked to a schedule the royalty run:
- Calculates royalties and creates royalty statement records
- Generates PDFs for royalty statements
- Emails royalty statements to royalty recipients
Royalty Run Record
The Run status tab has three buttons:
- Calculate (Recalculate) – Creates the royalty statement records. Recalculate will recalculate statements that do not have a status of Issued.
- Generate (Re-generate) – Creates PDFs for each royalty statement using the style specified in the royalty schedule record.
- Send Now… – Sends royalty statement PDFs to royalty statement recipients.
The Royalty statements tab shows all statements linked to this royalty run. Selecting the Edit… button will open the royalty statement record.
Accounting summary shows the payments owed to each royalty recipient by agent and recipient.
General ledger summary shows the financial impact of a royalty run.
Unresolved royalty activities report lists transactions that are not covered by a royalty rule.
Example: The royalty software cannot calculate royalties for one product linked to a royalty contract because its sales are not covered by a royalty rule. This is an unresolved royalty activity.