A royalty contract can have one or many royalty rules. To add a new royalty rule:
1. In the Royalty rules for: dropdown list select Sales for rules applicable to sales transactions. If you have the optional rights module you can also specify rules for licensing or permissions activitity.
2. Select the Add/remove/order author rights… button.
2. The Rights windows appears.
On the left side is a list of Available rights. On the right is a list of rights assigned to the royalty contract.
3. Select the right you wish to assign to the contract. Then press the Add > button. The selected rights now appears in the Assigned rights column. Press OK to close this window and return to the Royalty rules tab.
4. Add a new right to the list of available rights list by pressing the New right button. Enter the name of the Right name (rule) and a Description. The Right name will print on the royalty statement.
Changing Right Names
You can modify the name of an existing right from the Lists menu.
- Go to the main menu: Lists.
- Select Category: Authors/contributors
- Select Contributor rights.
- Then select the Activity category; Sales, licensing or permissions.
- Then select the name of the right to edit and modify the text for that right. The edited name must be unique, it cannot duplicate an existing name.
WARNING: The modified rights name will be applied to preexisting royalty statements. If you print a preexisting statement it will have the new rights name, not the original name for that right.