The Titles view presents a record list of all titles (intellectual properties, IPs). A title is the name of the intellectual property from which products; editions, are derived.
The toolbar on the titles view is used to:
- Add new titles,
- Edit existing titles,
- Copy title information to a new title
- Delete records
- Print reports
- Export title information
- Customize the columns viewed
- Add or remove tags for selected title records
- Update the settings for selected records
- Create submissions (with the optional rights module)
- Merge title information with word
Open the Titles View
To view a listing of the title records:
- Select the Data & functions menu.
- Select Titles from the View by menu.
The toolbar is at the top of the titles view.
The seven toolbar icons are for:
- Adding a new title record
- Editing and viewing a title record
- Copying a title record to a new title
- Deleting a title record
- Printing reports
- Exporting information to Excel
- Changing the columns viewed in the title record list
To add a new title record go to the titles view. Then select the add icon; the blue plus sign, in the toolbar.
The software will automatically assign a title code to the new title. Enter the name of the title then press OK. Pressing OK will add the title to the title record list. You can edit the new title record by selecting it and pressing the edit button or double clicking your mouse on the title record.
The software will create a sort title if the title starts with a prefix. The sort title determines how titles are sorted in record list views. The example below shows the title of “The Blue Mountain” and a sort title of “Blue Mountain, The”. You can delete or edit the sort title.
To view the details of a title record:
- Select the title record
- Then select the edit icon; the red pencil, on the toolbar or double click your mouse button on the selected record.
The copy icon on the toolbar is used to copy information from an existing title to a new title. This functionality is often used when an author has authored a new book in a series. The new title has the same specifications and royalty terms as an existing title. The copy command copies information; title specifications, authors, royalty beneficiaries, royalty contracts, from an existing title to a new title.
The delete icon; the red trashcan, will delete the selected title record(s). Deleting a title will delete any activities or records associated with that title. This includes products and royalty contracts. A second warning will appear if there are any activities or records linked to the title(s) selected for deletion.