The Title details > Authors & beneficiaries tab is where you can view the authors and royalty recipients (beneficiaries) for the title.
Tip: Click on the image to a full size image
Authors and contributors
The authors & contributors section is where authors and contributors are added to a title. Authors do not have to be royalty recipients.
To add an author/contributor:
- Select the Add an author or contributor to this… title button.
- The add author/contributor window opens.
- Select an existing author from the Lookup… button or by typing a name in the dropdown list box.
- (Optional) Specify the contributor type; author, editor, illustrator, etc., for the contributor.
Tip: Take care to avoid creating duplicate author records.
To add a royalty contract (and royalty beneficiaries) to a title select the Add a royalty contract for this title... button. This opens the New author agreement window. A title can be linked to one or many contracts. Each contract can have one or many beneficiaries.
- Enter the contract date.
- The software will automatically assign a reference code to the contract.
- Account executive is optional. For a book publisher this is the acquisition editor.
- Copy terms from dropdown allows you to copy the royalty contract terms from an existing contract. If you do not want to copy the terms use the back space key to blank out any values in this field.
- Select the beneficiaries to include in this contract. The beneficiaries may include the names listed in Authors & contributors. A contract can include one or many beneficiaries.