To the right of the toolbar is the Actions dropdown list.
Actions apply only to selected record(s). In the title view actions can be used to:
- Add/remove tag from a record
- Update selected settings for a record
- Create a license submission for a record (Optional rights module required)
- Merge information with a Microsoft Word documents.
Tags are used to create static filters.
A publisher may create a tag for his top five titles. Each of those titles will have the tag: Top 5. Whenever the Top 5 filter is applied only those 5 titles will show in the record list view. A tag is static, It does not changed based changes to the title record list.
To apply or remove a tag:
- Select the title record(s)
- Select: Actions: Add/remove tag
- Press the Go button
- In the Tags window assign a tag name. Select the name from the drop down list or type in a new tag name.
- Press OK
The Settings action is used to update existing records. You can change the product line, imprint, status and other information for selected titles from a single screen. This can be more efficient than editing each title individually or creating an import file to update title information.
To select multiple noncontiguous records hold down the control (CRTL) key on the keyboard while selecting records.
To select a range of records select the first record. Then press the SHIFT button on your keyboard and select the last record in the range.